- Additive Manufacturing Processes
- Analysis & Instrumentation
- Cleaning, Polishing & Grinding
- Clinical Analysis & Diagnostics
- Coating & Surface Treatment
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Cutting, Joining & Heating
- Emissions Solutions
- Energy storage
- Freezing & Cooling
- Fumigation & Pest Control
- Heat Treatment
- Hydrogen Energy
- Leisure & Hospitality
- Melting & Heating
- Oil and Gas
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharmaceutical Processing
- Plastics & Rubber Processing
- Process Chemistry
- Pulp & Paper
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
Our LOTOX® solution delivers the highest NOx removal capabilities commercially available, achieving efficiency rates in excess of 95%. This is a low-temperature oxidation process, which employs ozone to overcome the temperature-related challenges of typical NOx removal technologies. It oxidizes nitrogen oxides (mainly NO and NO2) – known as NOx – to higher oxides of nitrogen such as N2O5. These oxides are not only very soluble but also reactive, so they can be easily removed along with other hazardous pollutants using conventional wet or dry scrubbers.
The NOx oxidation process is not affected by other contaminants such as acid gases and particulates, resulting in very robust performance even with dirty and challenging gas streams.
The ozone is produced from oxygen on site and on demand, which means that hazardous chemicals no longer need to be stored.
Benefits at a glance
- Configurable NOx removal rates scaling from 30% to 95%-plus
- Effective treatment of a wide range of nitrogen oxides and harmful pollutants – also in conjunction with various Air Pollution Control (APC) equipment
- Future-proof solution capable of meeting evolving NOx regulations
- Low CAPEX when inlet NOx is of moderate level and existing APC equipment can be used
- Transparent costs with ozone consumption reflecting removal efficiency
- No need to interfere with / modify existing combustion equipment or to reheat the flue gas to high temperatures
- No need to store hazardous chemicals required for traditional abatement processes
Easily integrable solution
A LOTOX installation consists of an oxygen supply stream, on-site ozone generation equipment, analyzers and controls. We deliver a LOTOX site license, also supplying a wide range of solutions tailored to individual needs – covering everything from gas supply through to end-to-end installations. In some regions, we also supply ozone. We can even run on-site trials with our mobile demonstration unit to establish proof-of-concept before you invest in LOTOX.
LOTOX is already successfully deployed across a wide range of industries and exhaust streams, including waste incineration, gas and coal-fired boilers, lead recovery furnaces, stainless steel pickling operations, sulfuric acid plants, fluidized catalytic cracking (FCC) regenerators and pet coke boilers. It is particularly suited to waste incineration plants, clearly outperforming the abatement performance of comparable technologies such as selective catalytic reduction (SCR) and selective non-catalytic reduction (SNCR). This proven and growing list of reference projects underscores our leading experience in industrial ozone applications.
|NOx removal efficiency rates
|30 – 60
|70 – 90
Contact us today for more information on our reference projects or to discuss a demonstration at your facility.