- Additive Manufacturing Processes
- Analysis & Instrumentation
- Cleaning, Polishing & Grinding
- Clinical Analysis & Diagnostics
- Coating & Surface Treatment
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Cutting, Joining and Heating
- Freezing & Cooling
- Fumigation & Pest Control
- Heat Treatment
- Inerting, purging, sparging
- Leisure & Hospitality
- Melting & Heating
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharmaceutical Processing
- Plastics & Rubber Processing
- Process Chemistry
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
Welding is an essential process in just about every industry. Various techniques are used to melt and fuse metals, steels and alloys.
Arc welding uses the heat generated by an electric arc struck between an electrode and a workpiece to melt and fuse metal in the joint area. This is the most common fusion-based joining method used in industry today.
However, laser welding is growing in popularity in the automotive industry in particular and in other sectors such as microelectronics and shipbuilding. This involves focusing a laser beam onto a workpiece by a set of mirrors. When the laser beam is moved relative to the workpiece, the energy of the focused laser beam melts the metal so that a joint is formed.
We deliver the full range of welding, shielding and laser gases along with reliable supply solutions and robust equipment for all standard welding techniques. For more exacting needs, our welding engineers can advise on technically advanced laser welding solutions and bespoke gas mixtures to help you optimise your welding results so you can meet rising competitive, environmental and quality challenges.