- Additive Manufacturing Processes
- Analysis & Instrumentation
- Cleaning, Polishing & Grinding
- Clinical Analysis & Diagnostics
- Coating & Surface Treatment
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Cutting, Joining and Heating
- Freezing & Cooling
- Fumigation & Pest Control
- Heat Treatment
- Inerting, Purging & Blanketing
- Leisure & Hospitality
- Melting & Heating
- Petrochemical Processing
- Pharmaceutical Processing
- Plastic & rubber processing
- Process Chemistry & Refining
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
CRYOCLEAN® snow is an innovative technology for cleaning and pre-treating surfaces using tiny dry ice particles.
The dry ice particles are generated in special blasting nozzles by injecting and expanding Liquid Carbon Dioxide. By means of compressed air and Laval nozzles the particles are blasted on the surface to be cleaned.
The use of liquid carbon dioxide makes the user independent from supply and re-filling of pre-produced dry ice pellets. Thus CRYOCLEAN® snow is ideal for the integration into a fully automated production process.
Typical contaminants which can be removed with CRYOCLEAN® snow are.
- Grease and oil films, anticorrosive agents
- Dust or fingerprints - Smoke residues
- Lubricants, release agents and black wash
- Lime scale
Typical applications are
- Prior to painting of parts e.g. for automotive use
- Intermediate cleaning during machining
- Routine cleaning of production tools
- Prior to joining for anti-corrosive oil removal
- Pre- and post-welding operations
Linde provides dedicated blasting hardware and a unique supply system for high pressure for Liquid carbon dioxide based on our outstanding pneumatic PRESUS®C pumps.
Video: CRYOCLEAN® Snow Cleaning Solution