- Construction & Infrastructure
- Food & Beverages
- Leisure & hospitality
- Metal Fabrication
- Pharma & Biotech
- Plastics & Rubber
- Power & Energy
- Water & Wastewater Treatment
Unstable soil and loose sediment are serious challenges during tunneling operations. The ground must be safely stabilized so it will not collapse during excavation and the following construction work. One way of achieving this is by freezing critical ground areas with liquid nitrogen (LIN).
Lances are inserted into the ground and flushed with liquid nitrogen. The frozen areas around the lances increase the static load-bearing capacity and the impermeability of the ground and allow a tunnel boring machine (TBM) to safely excavate the tunnel. Despite, lances in the path of the TBM can cause serious problems upon collision: Emergency stops, costly and time-consuming repair work and subsequent project delays.
Removing the lances before the TBM arrives solves this challenge and avoids unnecessary costs, risks and delays.
We innovate for you
Linde has understood the challenge and developed a removable freezing lance for tunneling and pipe jacking applications. These innovative lances are simply disconnected from the LIN supply and quickly defrosted before the TBM arrives. Only a very small area around the lances is defrosted for easy pull-out from the ground by crane. The frozen ground is not effected and remains completely frozen allowing the tunneling work to progress safely.
- easy handling and installation
- optimum freezing capacity
- rapid removal.
Our offer to you
- LIN storage and supply
- Required installations
- Handling support and
- Safety instructions
Benefits at a glance
- Innovative lance offering easy handling, optimum freezing capacity and rapid withdrawal
- Benefit of Linde’s in-depth knowledge and experience in ground-freezing applications
- Support in project set-up, installation and gas supply
- Assistance in positioning the lances for most effective freezing performance
- Customisation of lance installations to the individual ground-freezing requirements
- Support with LIN handling and safety instructions