- Additive Manufacturing Processes
- Analysis & Instrumentation
- Cleaning, Polishing & Grinding
- Clinical Analysis & Diagnostics
- Coating & Surface Treatment
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Cutting, Joining & Heating
- Emissions Solutions
- Energy storage
- Freezing & Cooling
- Fumigation & Pest Control
- Heat Treatment
- Hydrogen solution
- Inerting, purging, sparging
- Leisure & Hospitality
- Melting & Heating
- Oil and Gas
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharmaceutical Processing
- Plastics & Rubber Processing
- Process Chemistry
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
Atmosphere control is a key success factor in hot isostatic pressing (HIP). During pressing, chemical reactions must be avoided as these could compromise the mechanical properties, fatigue performance and/or service life of the high-performance components being treated. An inert atmosphere using high-purity argon or nitrogen is thus essential to avoid these reactions.
Linde has the experience, engineering capabilities and product portfolio to help customers and OEMs meet today’s inerting challenges in HIP treatment processes. Our offering starts with an upfront analysis of your current operations to establish the most appropriate inerting system, whether that be based on nitrogen or argon. In the case of argon, ©Quintus Technologies this step includes process consulting to explore how you can maximise cost efficiencies by reusing your argon gas.
We then go on to customise the supply scheme to suit your individual pressure, volume, flow and footprint needs. Our one-stop service spans the design, provisioning and installation of the entire gas supply scheme using best-in-class and proprietary equipment (tanks, pumps, vaporisers, buffers, pressure boosting equipment, gas analysers and a gas manifold). We also supply and install the control equipment to manage your HIP process along with the argon reuse solution (if applicable).
If you already have pressure systems in place, we offer supporting engineering and maintenance services so you can outsource all gas management tasks to us. And if you are looking for a particularly low-CAPEX route, we offer equipment rental schemes in certain regions (check with your local Linde representative for availability). Last but not least, you can also rely on our experts for safety checks and training.
Highlights of partnering with Linde
- Reliable, stable HIP processes thanks to optimised gas supply concept
- Cost efficiencies through gas reuse
- Highest safety standards thanks to core competency in high-pressure installations
- Reduced maintenance effort and costs
- Best-in-class, proprietary equipment
- All-in service spanning engineering, maintenance, safety checks and training