Useful hints and tips about the GENIE cylinder range and accessories
- Is a GENIE cylinder as robust as a steel cylinder?
- GENIE cylinders have to pass all the same tests as those for steel cylinders making them as safe as the steel cylinders you normally use.
- How does the Digital Intelligence Unit (DIU) get the information from the cylinder?
- There is a special temperature and pressure sensor fitted into the pressure vessel which transmits data to the processing unit in the DIU. The DIU uses a series of complex formulae to calculate and display the contents of the cylinder.
- Does a normal regulator fit within the handle area?
No, existing regulators are too big to fit within the space between the handles of the GENIE cylinder. GENIE regulators are compact versions of the larger regulators and are specifically designed to match the GENIE cylinder.
The small size of the GENIE regulator means it remains contained within the handle area, so the regulator will not get damaged if the cylinder falls over.
- Do the GENIE regulators fit on the current steel cylinders?
GENIE regulators will fit normal 300-bar steel cylinders. These regulators will not fit lower pressure-rated cylinders, for example 200-bar, because the inlet thread differs in accordance with international standards.
- Does the cylinder fit on the back of a welding machine?
No, the diameter of the GENIE cylinder is normally too large to allow it to fit onto new welding machines but this isn’t an issue.
Steel cylinders are too large and heavy to be used on a welding machine anyway and many leg and foot injuries occur with people trying to lift a cylinder and then lose control or move a welding machine only to have it fall over.
The mobile nature of the GENIE cylinder means it can be moved much more easily without having to fix it to the welding machine.
- Why is the cylinder more stable?
The diameter of 320 mm gives the cylinder more stability so it is less likely to topple over.
- Products & Services
- Aquaculture Solutions and Services
- Atmospheric Gases
- Electronic Gases and Chemicals
- Energised Solutions
- Food Chilling
- Food Freezing
- Food Grade Gases
- Fuel Gases
- Gas Mixtures
- Heat treatment
- Packaged Chemicals
- Pharmaceutical Solutions
- Plant and pipeline services
- Plastics & Rubber Solutions
- Refining Solutions
- Shielding Gases
- Specialty Gases & Equipment
- Welding and Safety Products
- Supply Modes
- Health & Safety