- Why is the EVOS™ family safer than other cylinder packages currently available on the market?
EVOS comes with a specially designed guard that not only protects the valve against general damage, it also makes it easier to grip, lift and move. In addition, EVOS features a new fast-acting lever that allows you to see from a distance and from any angle whether the valve is open or closed. In the event of an emergency, you can quickly and easily close the valve in a single action. In the closed position, the seal is fully engaged, eliminating the risk of inadvertent leaks. The gas supply is automatically stopped if the lever breaks off. The safety interlock button enhances safety further, eliminating the risk of a valve being opened accidently. An in-built flow restrictor and a robust brass design round off the safety features.
- Why are EVOS packages easier to handle?
EVOS packages operating at 300 bar offer customers a lighter, shorter package due to the higher working pressure relative to their 200-bar counterparts. Which means you can work with fewer, smaller cylinders for the same volume of gas. The churning knob also makes it easier to move cylinders around and the EVOS guard features easy-to-grip arms for improved handling. The guard is spacious enough to allow easy attachment and removal of the regulator – even with gloves. In fact, EVOS can even be lifted with a crane if needs be.
- How does EVOS improve efficiencies?
- EVOS comes with a live content gauge so you can read the actual pressure in the cylinder without connecting a regulator. This means you always know exactly how much gas is left in your cylinder. So you can ensure you use the entire contents with no wastage, while also avoiding unexpected interruptions to your work because you run out of gas. The EVOS lever actuate technology improves efficiency further by bringing you the benefit of two additional functions:
- The safety interlock button eliminates the risk of accidental opening.
- There are only 2 positions - ON/OFF, thus eliminating the risk of slow gas leaks due to the valve not being closed properly.
- What standards does EVOS comply with?
EVOS has undergone tests according to standards such as ISO 10297, ISO 11363-1, ISO 15996, ISO 5145 and ISO 11117. In fact, we successfully tested EVOS Ci above and beyond the recommendations outlined in those standards.
- What gases can be used with EVOS?
EVOS supports the full range of industrial gases – oxygen, carbon dioxide, hydrogen, acetylene and inert gases (see your Linde representative for details).
- What sizes is EVOS available in?
The EVOS family supports all gas cylinders ranging in size from 20 to 50 litres. With the ability to function at 300 bar, EVOS now gives users the opportunity to use 33-litre cylinders offering the same capacity as a 200-bar 50-litre cylinder – with the added benefits of reduced height, reduced weight and improved handling (see your Linde representative for details).
- What are the differences between the EVOS Ci and EVOS DCi packages?
- EVOS Ci features a regular analogue indicator whereas EVOS DCi comes with a digital gauge – which is even easier and more intuitive for you to read. In addition, EVOS™ DCi incorporates GSM technology to “cloudify” cylinder intelligence. In other words, data on the cylinder contents and location is transmitted to the Linde cloud in real time. All you need is a mobile device running the EVOS app or a Web browser to access and analyse this information on demand.