Our ACTICO® pH control solution uses carbon dioxide (CO2) to give pulp makers precise control over pH values. Not only does it eliminate the need for harmful mineral acids, it also produces more stable pH values. The pH curve produced by CO2 is less steep than the mineral acid curve. This makes it easier to regulate pH since – unlike mineral acids – small changes in dosage do not lead to big changes in the pH value.
Benefits at a glance
- More stable pH with greater self-buffering capacity
- Ease of handling compared with mineral acids
- Less maintenance with lower risk of corrosion
- Simplified process equipment with smaller footprint
- Safety benefits as CO2 is less hazardous than mineral acids
- Precise pH control method for optimized enzyme treatment