- Additive Manufacturing Processes
- Analysis & Instrumentation
- Cleaning, Polishing & Grinding
- Clinical Analysis & Diagnostics
- Coating & Surface Treatment
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Cutting, Joining & Heating
- Emissions Solutions
- Energy storage
- Freezing & Cooling
- Fumigation & Pest Control
- Heat Treatment
- Hydrogen solution
- Inerting, purging, sparging
- Leisure & Hospitality
- Melting & Heating
- Oil and Gas
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharmaceutical Processing
- Plastics & Rubber Processing
- Process Chemistry
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
Not only legislation but more extensive processing of residues and higher diesel demand compared with petrol will also increase hydrogen's demand.
There are various hydrotreating processes in a refinery. To name a few:
Hydrodesulphurisation: sulphur compounds are hydrogenated to hydrogen sulphide H2S as feed for Claus plants
Hydroisomerisation: normal paraffins are converted into iso-paraffins to improve the product properties (e.g. RON)
Dearomatisation: aromatics are hydrogenated to cyclo paraffins or alkanes
Hydrocracking: long-chain hydrocarbons are cracked to shorter chains in the gasoline range.
Hydrogen volumes consumed increasingly exceed those produced in a platformer and have to be supplemented by other sources.
Main processes for hydrogen on-site supply:
Steam reforming of methane or other hydrocarbons
Recovery from refinery off-gases
Recovery from syngas
Gasification of oil refining residues.
Process consulting, financing, erection and start-up are all services offered by Linde. We can also provide hydrogen plant operation (over-the-fence-supply), maintenance and repair and emergency supply arrangement to ensure that your business is working at its optimum.
Click to see a larger version of the image