- Additive Manufacturing Processes
- Analysis & Instrumentation
- Cleaning, Polishing & Grinding
- Clinical Analysis & Diagnostics
- Coating & Surface Treatment
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Cutting, Joining and Heating
- Energy Storage
- Freezing & Cooling
- Fumigation & Pest Control
- Heat Treatment
- Hydrogen solution
- Inerting, purging, sparging
- Leisure & Hospitality
- Melting & Heating
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharmaceutical Processing
- Plastics & Rubber Processing
- Process Chemistry
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
Fusing of flame-sprayed coatings involves heating the coating to its melting point, strengthening the bond between the coating and the substrate. A flame is usually applied to heat the coating. Fusing takes place at temperatures between 950°C and 1250°C, producing a wet shine on the surface.
Advantages of fusing of flame-sprayed coatings
After flame spraying, fusing of flame-sprayed coatings is carried out to eliminate porosity in the deposition and to obtain dense, homogenous and strong coatings with good resistance properties.
The right burners to achieve optimum surface characteristics
We offer a range of LINDOFLAMM® special burners to help you achieve the precise features and characteristics you require on your surface coating. Not only do our burners ensure harder, denser coatings, they accelerate process times and enhance precision. In addition, they can be fully automated.
The right fuel gas for fusing of flame-sprayed coatings
For fusing processes the preferred fuel gas is usually a high-performing one like acetylene. The high temperature acetylene flame will melt only the coating material, thus bonding the coating particles to each other while removing oxides from the deposition material.
Benefits at a glance:
- Fine-tuning of flame-sprayed coatings
- Improved hardness and density of coatings
- Rapid annealing of coatings with acetylene as fuel gas
- Reduce the oxides on the machined surface / substrate
- Burner selection adapted to customer demands
- Water cooled and automated burner equipment available
- Customised gas supply solutions
Materials suitable for fusing of flame-sprayed coatings:
- Stainless steel
- Low carbon steel
- Nickel-based materials
Linde service offering
With the LINDOFLAMM® offering our customers will not only benefit from the latest in burner technology, but also from its range of consulting, design and installation support services. Each concept is tailored to specifically meet our customers’ requirements. Our highly-skilled engineers provide on-site training of employees and designing of gas supply system to suit our customers’ needs.