- Additive Manufacturing Processes
- Analysis & Instrumentation
- Cleaning, Polishing & Grinding
- Clinical Analysis & Diagnostics
- Coating & Surface Treatment
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Cutting, Joining & Heating
- Emissions Solutions
- Energy storage
- Freezing & Cooling
- Fumigation & Pest Control
- Heat Treatment
- Hydrogen solution
- Inerting, purging, sparging
- Leisure & Hospitality
- Melting & Heating
- Oil and Gas
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharmaceutical Processing
- Plastics & Rubber Processing
- Process Chemistry
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
During the additive manufacturing (AM) process, powder residue can build up on the part being built, gathering in particular in holes and cavities. On laser-fused parts, unfused powder can be problematic. The challenge lies in removing this residue without damaging or discolouring the surface of the 3D component. Many additive manufacturers rely on heat to achieve this. However, the high temperatures required to melt powder particles are often ineffective and can result in discolouration.
Using dry ice particles to address the AM cleaning challenge
Linde developed the ADDvance ® Cryoclean process to remove surface particles without damaging the filigree structures of a 3D product through high temperatures. ADDvance Cryoclean uses dry ice particles made from carbon dioxide (CO₂) to clean the component.
- Residue-free component surface – clean right down to the surface microstructure
- Low environmental impact
- Flexible cleaning power - scaling from gentle to abrasive
- Less abrasive material to consume and dispose of
- Lower operating costs
How does ADDvance Cryoclean work?
ADDvance Cryoclean creates dry ice particles by expanding liquid CO₂ directly. Using compressed air, the particles are accelerated in a de Laval nozzle up to sonic speed and blasted onto the surface to be cleaned. Flash cooling, kinetic energy, embrittlement and gas impact combine to create a highly efficient cleaning effect with the added bonus of eliminating the need to handle cleaning residue.
Turbo effect with ADDvance Cryoclean snow+
For stubborn cleaning challenges, an abrasive agent can be admixed with the dry ice particles. The operator can adapt the CO₂ snow / abrasive material ratio from gentle to abrasive to suit the task at hand. Through the snow/abrasive combination, the operator needs much less abrasive material compared with conventional sand blasting, for instance.
Full service package
We complement our ADDvance Cryoclean or ADDvance Cryoclean snow+ application technology and CO₂ supply scheme with various services to ensure you get the most out of your investment in cryogenic cleaning. These range from design, provisioning and installation through technical support and maintenance to safety audits and training.