- Where will the 2016 edition of Shell Eco-marathon Europe take place?
- After events in Rotterdam/NL, Shell Eco-marathon Europe 2016 will take place in London, UK from June 30 to July 3rd, 2016. The competition in Europe is taking place on a challenging urban track.
- What is the principle of the Shell Eco-marathon mileage challenge?
- It’s not about speed. It’s about energy efficiency. Winners are the teams that manage to go further using the least amount of energy.
- Why is the event taking place in London?
- Moving to a street circuit provides the teams with a real-life driving experience. First in Rotterdam/ NL and now in London/UK, the urban circuit will present a more challenging track and teams will have their driving skills put to the test.
- What is Linde´s role?
Linde supports the event by supplying hydrogen and technical support to the teams who use fuel cell power units for their competition vehicles. As a partner, Linde adds considerable value to the event, particularly with regard to innovation, technology, sustainability, mobility and tackling future energy challenges.
As the world’s largest manufacturer of hydrogen plants, Linde covers the entire technology spectrum required to successfully use hydrogen as an energy carrier – from generation to refuelling. So far, Linde has equipped over 90 fuelling stations in 15 countries with innovative hydrogen refuelling technology. Furthermore, Linde is exploring new ways of producing renewable, zero-carbon hydrogen, using wind, for example.
Linde’s engagement in the Shell Eco-marathon does not only underline Linde's commitment to clean energy, it also dovetails with the Corporate Responsibility strategy, which consists of the three elements economic, social and ecological responsibility.